Monday, June 2, 2003

Cardinal Ratzinger accused of "Theological Malpractice"?

I spent the better part of this afternoon reading various texts on ecclesiology by Cardinal Ratzinger, motivated by a provocative article by Christopher Ferarra in The Remnant who, responding to The Wanderer's criticisms of The Great Facade, accuses Cardinal Ratzinger of engaging in Clintonian wordplay (A Case of Theological Malpractice: Cardinal Ratzinger, Omar Gutiérrez, and the meaning of "is").

I've been perusing some of Ratzinger's articles and addresses (that ol' RFC website sure comes in handy sometimes, doesn't it?), as well as the book Called to Communion (Ignatius Press 1996). However, lacking a background in Catholic theology, I would certainly appreciate some supplementary recommendations of good articles and books on the topic (clarifying Ratzinger & Vatican II, I mean -- after reading The Remnant I've got a pretty good grasp of the traditionalist perspective on such).

Given the potential for an extended discussion I've moved my introductory post to the forum, rather than this blog. Feel free to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment