Monday, January 5, 2004

Hans Urs von Balthasar on the Internet

A Belgian reader of the RFC brought it to my attention that Fr. Roderick's website on Hans Urs von Balthasar is unfortunately no longer active.

From what I could gather, Fr. Roderick is apparently preoccupied with his religious studies, as well as maintaining a number of websites for the Church in the Netherlands, forcing him to relenquish the pursuit of his personal hobbies, including a Star Wars fan site (for which he received international fame) and, I can only assume, his von Balthasar site as well. (I have no way of knowing for sure, having emailed him and awaiting a response).

I am terribly sorry to see it go -- in many ways, Roderick's website was an inspiration for www.ratzingerfanclub.com, and a great source of information for English readers of von Balthasar. In its absence, I took the liberty of scrounging the web for links and, over the weekend, put up a page of my own: http://www.ratzingerfanclub.com/Balthasar, which will hopefully be of assistance to those researching Balthasar on the web.

Anybody who has additional resources to contribute to these pages (particularly in the way of book reviews and essays by Balthasar scholars), your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment