There are many reasons to vote for Bush, but I believe that Catholics who are seriously concerned about the effective promotion of the culture of life will be moved to consider voting for Bush by simply looking at Kerry's record:
- Kerry promised to revoke the Mexico City Policy as his first Executive Order. Instituted by Reagan, revoked by Clinton, re-instituted by President Bush, the policy requires nongovernmental organizations to agree as a condition for Federal funding that they would neither perform nor actively promote abortion as a method of family planning in other nations.
- Kerry carries a 0% Ranking From National Right To Life Committee For 108th, 107th And 106th Congresses. He boasts the endorsement of Planned Parenthood and has advanced unconditional abortion with every legislative opportunity.
- Kerry Voted Against the Unborn Victims Of Violence Act.
- Kerry Has Voted At Least Six Times Against Banning Partial-Birth Abortion and claims “there is no such thing as a partial-birth.”
- By identifying himself as “pro-choice,” and yet a good Catholic, Kerry deliberately misrepresents the teachings of his Church, contributes to public scandal and mocks the authority of the bishops and the Pope.
- Kerry supports unrestricted embryonic stem-cell research and “therapeutic [human] cloning,” despite the moral objections of those who question the sacrifice of innocent human life.