Friday, December 24, 2010

Battlefield Rosaries

Know somebody in uniform? -- Karon Adams of Yellow Ribbon Rosaries has a mission: to provide a rosary to every soldier who requests one in our armed forces:
Battlefield Rosary Missions come in many flavors and each of us find our own. My family has always been a military one and I have always felt a deep appreciation for anyone in uniform. My Battlefield Rosaries were really what started Yellow Ribbon Rosaries. They were actually where I found the name.

I have, to date, sent out several thousand Rosaries, all made by my own hand, to the Middle East, Korea and Naval personnel. The Rosaries come in Desert Tan, Olive Drab and Black, and Grey & Blue.

In addition to the Rosaries, I have also begun gathering DVDs that are no longer being watched and sending them to soldiers in battle zones. The soldiers also appreciate hard candies, baby wipes, and phone cards. I have many Rosary customers as well as friends at my church and former fellow employees who send me these items to include in my Rosary boxes. The chaplain who passes out my rosaries also passes these items among our soldiers.

If you or a member of your family is serving overseas, we will be happy to send a Battlefield Rosary for you, NO CHARGE! NO shipping. NO handling, NO charge! The only thing we ask is that you give us the mailing address. We only offer these to be mailed to an APO or FPO but if you provide us with a name and APO or FPO address, we will be thrilled to send you or your soldier a Rosary. This is what we do and are happy to provide these for you.

Battlefield Rosaries are sent to soldiers in Forward areas in a small package with several devotional items, including a St. Michael Prayer Card specially designed by artist Lawrence Klimecki of GryphonRampant.com, "a Catholic Christian art apostolate spreading the Word through T-shirts, art, and design."

See also:

No comments:

Post a Comment