- Dr. Philip Blosser on: "The Endnote that led to my Conversion" ("is now online"):
Imagine that: an endnote. Yep, that's how it started. Back in the fall semester of 1987 when I was teaching a course in the history and philosophy of law at Lenoir-Rhyne University and using as a the main text Harold Berman's Law and Revolution, The Formation of the Western Legal Tradition (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1983) ...
- Eight Lies in President Obama's Roe Statement, by Matthew Schmitz. First Things 01/22/13.
- "The other day at the Sorbonne, speaking to a Marxist lecturer, a Catholic priest said in public that he too was anticlerical. Well, I don’t like priests who are anticlerical any more than philosophies that are ashamed of themselves." -- Albert Camus (HT: Pertinacious Papist)
- Bush Without Hysteria, by Matthew Hennessey. City Journal (Autumn 2013) - Looks like another book to add to the 2014 reading list:
You haven’t heard that Bush was Cheney’s puppet? You don’t remember the cabal that installed this C-student in the Oval Office so they could plant the flag in Baghdad? You didn’t know that Bush napped at Camp David while Cheney conspired with Wolfowitz and the Saudis to plot the future of American empire?
Baker doesn’t trade in such nonsense. As a longtime White House correspondent for both the Washington Post and the New York Times, where he currently works, Baker is a card-carrying member of what is sometimes called the “elite liberal media.” He has observed the last two decades of presidential scandals and outrages at close range. Yet, his Days of Fire: Bush and Cheney in the White House, which stretches from the Florida recount in 2000 to the housing collapse in 2008, is a masterpiece of objectivity.
- If You Think Communism Is Bad For People, Check Out What It Did To The Environment Colin Grabow responds to an idiotic tweet from a Communist: "If I have to answer for Soviet gulags, these market/capital twits have to answer for climate collapse, the greatest genocide in history."