- "Evangelical Fundamentalism and Catholic Integralism in the USA: A Surprising Ecumenism", by Father Antonio Spadaro SJ (Civiltà Cattolica’s Editor-in-chief) and Rev. Marcelo Figueroa (a Presbyterian pastor and Editor-in-chief of L’Osservatore Romano’s Argentinean edition). pp. 105-113. Vol. 3, 2017.
- Manichaean Misdiagnosis First Things 07/18/17.
- Exclusive interview: Antonio Spadaro on his article about ‘The Ecumenism of Hate’ in the U.S. America 07/15/17.
- Confidant of Pope Francis condemns US religious right, by Rachel Zoli. Washington Post 07/13/17.
- Jesuit journal close to pope says “Manichean vision” behind Trump, by Charles Collins. Crux 07/13/17.
- Italian Jesuit journal calls out “ecumenism of hate” between some Evangelicals and Catholics in U.S. politics Carl Glatz. Catholic News Service. 07/13/17.
- Why Rome is doing battle with American culture, by Matthew Schmitz. Catholic Herald 07/28/17.
- Are Americans from Mars?, by Robert Royal. The Catholic Thing 07/17/17. "...they draw lines among widely disparate facts with even less justification than the old believers in Martian canals."
- Article by pope’s confidantes adds little to understanding Trump’s America, by Father Raymond J. de Souza. Crux 07/15/17:
Wrong on Protestant history, ignorant of contemporary Catholic life, tendentious in its analysis, patronizing in tone and damning with faint praise the very policies of the Holy Father it seeks to defend, it is hard to understand what ambitions were had for a piece that does not even rise to the level of mediocrity.
Pope Francis deserves much better from those he has entrusted to interpret his thought
- On that strange, disturbing, and anti-American “Civiltà Cattolica” article, by Dr. Samuel Gregg. Catholic World Report 07/14/17:
It’s curious that whoever signed off on this article (assuming it was properly vetted) at the Secretariat of State didn’t pick up on the authors’ conflation of tangentially-related matters, or raise questions about the article’s emotivist tone, or alert Father Spadaro and Rev. Figueroa to their distinctly amateur grasp of American religious history and the finer points of American politics.
- Replying to a Poor Dismissal of Integralism, by Gabriel Sanchez. Opus Publicum 07/14/17.
- An ignorant, intemperate Vatican assault on American conservatism, by Phil Lawler. CatholicCulture.org. 07/13/17.