- "We Shall Not See His Like Again" - a moving tribute to The Gipper by Pat Buchanan. American Conservative July 5, 2004.
- On a related note, I. Shawn McElhinney ("Rerum Novarum") reviews Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary Man Became an Extraordinary Leader by Dinesh D'Souza.
- Ignatius Press announces:I'm pleased to announce that Ignatius Press has recently launched a new web site and web log to compliment www.ignatius.com. They are, respectively, IgnatiusInsight.com and the Insight Scoop web log. They are being edited and moderated by Carl Olson, best-selling author of Will Catholics Be "Left Behind"? and co-author of The Da Vinci Hoax.
IgnatiusInsight.com and the Insight Scoop weblog are online resources of Ignatius Press and have been designed and created to assist readers who wish to learn more about the Catholic Church and her teachings, beliefs, practices, and history.
- The Old Oligarch explains why he honestly thought Cardinal Dulles "blew it" in his interview with EWTN "on Communion and Pro-Abortion Politicians."
- Lot of good stuff at Catholic Kerry Watch, including a line-by-line comparison of Ratzinger's memorandum on communion and Cardinal McCarrick's 'summary'/spin of the Prefect's letter in weeks past. There is absolutely no question that Cardinal Ratzinger has demanded more from Cardinal McCarrick and the U.S. Bishops on this issue than what they are presently doing. (P.S. If on some days there's an absence of posts to this blog, it's most likely because I'm engaged at CKW).
- Happy Bloggiversary to David Ancell ("Danger! Falling Brainwaves").