I also had the pleasure of being interviewed by Carl Olson, chief editor of Ignatius Insight (and author of Will Catholics Be Left Behind?), about the history of the Cardinal Ratzinger Fan Club. When it comes to the RFC I prefer to remain "behind the scenes," -- so being interviewed and discussing my contributions was a unique experience.
Ignatius Insight, together with Godspy.com, are two good non-blog treasure troves for online reading on religious topics. Here's a roundup of just some of the articles:
- Be a Catholic Apologist - Without Apology". Carl Olson discusses the meaning and practice of "apologetics."
- Interview with Thomas Howard on his journey from Evangelical Christianity to Episcopalianism and finally to the Catholic Church. (See also "on the meaning of tradition", an exclusive excerpt of Howard's On Being Catholic.
- "His Story and the History of the Church", two-part interview with historian Dr. Glenn Olson and author of Beginning at Jerusalem: Five Reflections on the History of the Church.
- Traveling with Walker Percy, a good introduction to the late Southern writer and "diagnostician" of the "modern malaise."
- Interview with Joseph Pearce on his book The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde and the parallel with his own prison conversion to the Catholic faith.